Friday, January 21, 2022

Repotting and Omicron

 January 7, 2022 seemed like a typical Friday for us. My son P was back to his online classes. While monitoring him, I ran an errand for my sister in the US then re-potted my snake plants and a pothos I got for Christmas. 

 
















 

I also bought a bougainvillea and cherry santan plants for my birthday but ran out of time to take pictures of them as it was lunch time.

Before eating, my son suddenly became cranky. He still ate but when I felt his forehead, he was already hot. So after eating, I gave him some paracetamol. He went to our bedroom to lie down for a nap which he never does. After a while, he woke up and started vomiting. After cleaning up, he went back to sleep.

 

 

I had just bought a box of rapid antigen tests. While my son was asleep, I tried to swab his nose but he woke up screaming and crying. After a struggle, I was able to swab him and he was positive. I immediately prepared the next room where he would be isolated.

However, we have been exposed and we live in a condo unit. After two days, when my son was already feeling better, my daughter and our kasambahay had fever while my husband had a sore throat and cough. I had an itchy throat and body pain which I attributed to sleeping on the floor while taking care of my son. On January 10, 2022, all of us were positive on the rapid antigen tests.

Thankfully, we had mild symptoms especially the kids who had low-grade fever for 2 days and then were back to their usual kulit selves. The hard part was the tambak of laundry because our washing machine is up in the roof deck and we were forbidden to go out.

 
















 

We went home to the province over the holidays but I am sure we did not contract the virus there as none of our family members were sick at the same time that we were. We just got back to the condo a couple of days after New Year and I haven't even returned to work and the virus struck us, like most of Metro Manila.

Another piece of sad news is that my sampaguita plant died over the holiday break.


 



















 

One of my friends comforted me to say that it probably sacrificed itself as we didn't get severe symptoms. In that case, thank you, sampaguita plant. It has been short but sweet knowing you. #

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...