Saturday, April 21, 2012

Beijing in Spring (PART 1)


Or, as pictures would reveal, Beijing in Diorama. :)

Went to Beijing the week after Holy Week with hubby's family and my best friend L. Since I no longer have a DSLR, my cameras for this trip were my Olympus PEN EPL-1, my SuperSampler and my iPhone - which was fine because they weren't as bulky and heavy as a DSLR.

Our first stop was Jingshan Park. My SIL, who did the our itinerary and made research, told us the Chinese built the hill to the north of the Forbidden City for good luck.

Jingshan Park

Jingshan Park

Jingshan Park




We climbed the hill to look down at the Forbidden City.

Overlooking the Forbidden City

The Forbidden City

I love spring for the lovely flowers.

Sakura

Jingshan Park


We then had a quick lunch at Qianmen - which we explored more later on. After lunch, we set off for Tiananmen Square.

Tiananmen Square

On the east side is the National Museum of China.

National Museum of China

North of the square is the Tiananmen Tower:

Tiananmen Tower

Tiananmen Tower

We were supposed to visit the Forbidden City but it was already closed when we got inside. So we decided to have dinner instead - at a mall in the Wangfujing area.


Food Court

Wangfujing is one of Beijing's shopping streets. We saw exotic treats like starfishes and still moving tiny scorpions.

Wangfujing


Pretty lights.



And pretty stuff.


It was getting cold so we called it a night.

 
 
I have to involuntarily end this post right here. Actually hating Blogger right now because I'm actually done with the entire post but half of it mysteriously disappeared before I could click "Publish". Boo. :(
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...