Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Happy 4th and Nat Geo Earth Day Run


Last Thursday was hubby and I's fourth wedding anniversary. Time flies indeedy. Since fancy night-outs are "rare" in our household (hehe), I'm documenting this one.

We were supposed to go to Boracay or some other beach for our anniversary but then we signed up for the Nat Geo Earth Day Run on April 27. We decided to book a hotel for a staycation the day before the run and luckily, hubby found a deal for F1 Hotel in BGC.

Since we were going to a hotel on the week-end, we opted for a low-key dinner on our anniversary day. We had dinner at Trellis which was our special-occasions-place back in college. We will forever love the sisig there.




We were late in checking in because I forgot our race bibs so we had to turn the car around (yikes!) Luckily though, our original deluxe room was upgraded to a suite because all the non-smoking rooms were booked. (yay!)



After checking in, we watched tv for a bit then dressed up for dinner at the hotel's restaurant, F1 Cafe. We opted for the ala carte menu.

For starters, hubby and I shared the Spicy Seared Tuna. I like salmon more but this was also yummy. The sear was perfect, the sides were crunchy but the tuna was still soft. I'm not a fan of spicy food but I managed to eat four pieces while eating the orange slices just to temper the spiciness. Hubby also had the Mushroom Cappuccino which was also good.


For my main course, I had the Bistek Rib-Eye, medium well. This was also great, although I wondered what was bistek about it because the sauce tasted like the mushroom sauce that usually goes with steaks. This was huuuge for me so hubby helped me finish it. Hubby had their salmon, which he said tastes like the ones I cook at home (bola).


For dessert, we shared blueberry and strawberry cheesecakes. The cheesecake parts were thick and creamy with none of that flour-y taste.


Hubby planned to go to the Skye Lounge which is at the W building. There was a W building infront of the hotel but when we asked the guard, he pointed to another W building. We got lazy to walk (9 minutes according to Google maps) so we decided to drink wine at the hotel bar instead. We drank one glass each because we had to wake up early the next day for the Nat Geo run.




Nike app says this is my fastest 5km run so far but the time was the same with run I did at Lingayen during Holy Week. I think I could've gone faster but there were many people and the roads were smaller compared to the runs at MoA. Also, there were times that we had to cross intersections with the organizers stopping the vehicles, some of whom were honking impatiently. In fact, the first intersection we crossed was the one infront of St. Luke's, and I wondered if one of those honking had a real medical emergency in a hurry to go to the hospital. And during the last 1 kilometer, I was running fast because I saw the finish line but then I got stopped at the intersection huhu. 

After the run, we enjoyed our free breakfast buffet and put on the calories we supposedly lost while running haha. After a short nap, we swam at the hotel swimming pool. It was cold even if it was already close to noon because it was windy in the fifth floor. Brrr.

This has been one of the best chillax weekends ever. Thank you, hubby!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...