Thursday, August 20, 2015

Feeding Essentials


Baby will be 8 months this week and I am still preparing his food by using the freezer bag method. A couple of people have commented that I should give him fresh food, but I don't quite trust the yayas (they come and go) yet to prepare his food. I'm just thinking that it's better to give frozen food I prepared myself than instant food.

Anyhoo, here are my feeding essentials. At first, I bought ice cube trays with cover from Saizen because we store meat in our freezer. However, said trays are long and it takes a bit of work to get the frozen food cube from the tray. I searched the local shops online and offline for covered ice cube trays to no avail. I finally decided to order from Amazon the Nuby Garden Fresh Easy Pop Freezer Tray. Love it!





With it, I can prepare three days worth of three meals per day. Since it's made of silicon, it's easier to pop out the food cube although I have to let it rest for a few seconds after taking it out of the freezer. I store the food cubes in an Avent Via cup when it's for consumption the same day and the rest in breastmilk bags. To thaw a cube, I take it out of the bag and place it in the Avent cup.

I used to cut up and steam the veggies but with the Nuby, I just boil them in some water, mash, cool and put into the freezer tray.

For feeding, I use a U N Me baby food grinder which I bought from SM's Baby Company. 




It is covered and comes with its own spoon so I also love it. However, it is not an airtight container so I can't use it to transport soupy food. Discovered this the hard way when I packed him melons which is watery and some of the liquid leaked into his diaper bag hehe.
So far, he's eaten:

  • squash
  • potato
  • avocado
  • white camote
  • yellow camote
  • mango
  • carrot
  • squash with malunggay leaves
  • melon
  • green papaya (which he hated!)
  • ripe papaya
  • saba
He has gobbled up everything except that green papaya haha. I'm thinking of doing combinations but as always, it will entail more research for this OC, super maarte mommy. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...