Monday, April 19, 2021

First RT PCR Swab Test

 I am working on something that requires a nasopharyngeal RT-PCR test. I have undergone two rapid antigen tests before, the first was through blood pricking at the office before we went back during GCQ last year and the second was a nasal swab when we had a hotel staycation. Thankfully, both negative.

I kept putting off doing the test because of the surge in cases. However, the deadline was looming near. I decided to have it done at Metro North Medical Center and Hospital because it is near our house. I inquired through phone first and they said they accept walk-ins in the morning.

 

 Photo from Metro North Hospital website

 

I arrived at around 10:00 A.M. There is a small room set-up outside of the hospital. I input my information on tablets located at the entrance. I told the guard that I was going to avail of the RT PCR test for work. A nurse went out and gave me a form. She said a doctor's referral was required, but since I was not exhibiting symptoms and it was for work, she just got me a referral from the emergency room. She also asked for an ID and I forgot to bring one. I emailed it to them na lang. After a while, the cashier went out and collected my P5,500.00 payment in cash.

Now, for the swab. I was ushered into the small room outside the hospital. The nurse took samples from both my nostrils (double ouch) and throat. It was a bit uncomfortable and I felt like I was gonna cry and sneeze at the same time.

The result was emailed to me after one and a half days. Thank God, negative! It pays to be OA in the age of COVID. #

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...