Sunday, November 3, 2013

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell


It's been a while since I felt real kilig while reading a book. What is English for kilig anyway - giddy? giddiness? Anyway, such was the case with Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. I know, I know, it's another Young Adult book but it's no Twilight or 50 Shades of Gray - which I never bothered to read anyway.


Lincoln O' Neill's job is to read company e-mails for inappropriate content and while reading the e-mail exchange of two female co-workers, he ends up falling in love with one of them. This book reminds me of Train Man except that in Attachments, Lincoln and the girl did not interact with each other up until near the end of the book. I read this only before going to sleep and halfway through, I was itching for them to meet already.  With that, I found the ending abrupt and well, bitin. But still, I got kilig and found myself sighing like you would after watching a feel-good romantic comedy.

I bought this book on a whim when I saw it in Fully Booked. There's another book - Eleanor and Park - but I did not buy it then. Now I regret it big time because it is currently out of stock in National, Powerbooks and Fully Booked. Hay, kaasar.


3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Train Man. But you said bitin /tong Attachments book? Naku afraidy. I'm a sucker for neat little happy endings. As in, bothered talaga ako pag di maayos ending, whether book man or movie! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medyo mahaba kasi yung build up so parang abrupt na yung ending, hence, nabitin ako hehe. Pero okay din naman hehe. Hope you can find a copy, it's sold out everywhere bigla!

      Delete
    2. Ha talaga? Cge ha, basta happy ending pa rin, hanapin ko siya. Am putting it on my list!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...