Monday, January 27, 2014

La Mesa Dam Ecopark Trail


Why yes it's another post on running! When this running shenanigans started, someone mentioned that we should run the trail at the La Mesa Dam Ecopark. I wasn't excited about it because I was not entirely fond of running on the road, much more a trail. But, peer pressure prevailed and since we are all still gung-ho about running, we made plans.

The trail run finally pushed through yesterday. I woke up at around 5AM to bone-chilling temperature. We got to La Mesa at around 6:30AM and had a light breakfast of hardboiled eggs, bananas and Fita crackers. A guide is required for P200 per head. At 7AM, we set off, and it was still cold so I had my hoodie on. It eventually got hot so I had to take it off.

The trail we ran was around 9KM. From then on is a 650meter walk back to parking but my friends decided we proceed to the Bangkalan Rest Station which was overlooking the dam/reservoir. After resting, we hied back to parking, which was another 3KM. My Nike app recorded only 10KM because I turned it off when we were already walking haha.



The trail is indeed more challenging than the road. It was a bit narrow with trees, shrubs and dried leaves around. There are ups and downs and curves.There were also groups of bikers that we had to give way to. A couple of times, hubby deviated from the path to take pictures and I was alone and I felt certain that I would get lost in the forest. Very Hunger Games, especially when from time to time, something would make kaluskos in the shrubs.  At the last stretch, hubby was coaxing me to keep running and I was dragging my feet that I told him to literally push me forward. I still can't believe I ran-walked 10km!

We then went to UP Village to have breakfast. C suggested Ally's on Malingap Street, an all-day breakfast place. I had the beef tapa set with the iced tea changed to coffee which cost P160-180. Yummy tapa and yummy coffee (or maybe I was just too hungry? haha)


Our group is still planning to join more runs so expect more running posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...