Monday, August 18, 2014

Love your aches and all your edges


These days, my feet ache when I'm standing for some time - like in line at the grocery. Walking (read: trolling around the mall) is still okay though. I don't know if my feet are already swelling because my Payless flats sometimes pinch my toes (although this pair has always felt tight from the start). Must I buy FitFlops? Ack. I hope it's not yet edema because that's supposed to happen in the third trimester and I'm still at the start of my second. 

My only form of exercise so far is walking - the walk from the train station to the office. I bought a DVD of prenatal yoga but I haven't gotten around to cracking it open.

At night, I also noticed that my lower back hurts when I lie on my back. So I try to sleep on my side, usually the left side, which is recommended. Lying on one's back puts pressure on major blood vessels.

Next week is my 20th week per ultrasound - halfway through the pregnancy. Gaaah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...