Thursday, July 2, 2015

Solids: Squash


After dilly-dallying for one week and one day after he turned six months, we finally started baby on solids this Tuesday, June 30. I've been OC about the whole thing - for weeks I've been thinking and researching about how to prepare and store his food. I have trust issues with the cleanliness of the yayas, well, with everyone really haha because I am so OC. So I wanted to prepare and store his food  myself. I also did not want to buy too much gear so after much thought, I bought a stainless steel steamer basket to steam his food, a Lock&Lock container for the cut up veggies or fruits and a baby food bowl with grinder and spoon. True to my OC-ness, I had another Lock&Lock container where I store said steamer basket and his baby bowl after use. (We love Lock&Lock, sponsor us! Hahaha!)

Monday night I started cutting up a squash into cubes and stored them in the Lock&Lock container. Pedia said to feed him three times a day the same food for three days to check if he has allergies. The squash went into the ref.

Tuesday morning I was up earlier than usual. I steamed three cubes of squash, mashed them in the bowl and squeezed fresh breastmilk on the mush. I then woke up the sleeping hubby for picture-taking haha.

At first, baby was like "Huh?" but then he gobbled every bite! I prepared too much so I did not let him finish everything.






Baby be like "The struggle is real." but he actually gobbled everything and cried when we stopped!


I again fed him during dinner and he was making sunggab the spoon once it was near his mouth. And he wailed when we stopped feeding him! Haha! I am such a picky eater growing up so I hope he will not take after me. And Lord give me the strength not to  give in to Cerelac or Gerber hahaha. :)



2 comments:

  1. Hi Mommy! I'm also the one who prepare food for my lo who's 7 months old. Same as you, I'm an OC type of mommy kaya I let yaya do the boiling and I will do the rest. Since I'm a working mom, I prepare his food once or twice a week and store it in ice cube trays with cover and keep them in the freezer - freezer bag method as what they call it.

    Btw, your baby is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mommy, I also use the freezer bag method. :) Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...