Thursday, December 15, 2016

Raising a Bookworm


I grew up, and am still, a bookworm. My father loved to read, but I don't remember him reading to me. I also don't remember my mother reading a book to me, but she loved to talk, so I guess we could pretend that she read to me, haha.

I've been reading books to P since he was a baby. He progressed from seemingly intent on listening to grabbing the book and trying to destroy it. He's not a big talker but he likes singing nursery rhymes. Sometimes he sings even while still half-asleep. Just recently, he has started handing me a book he wants me to read. I've also discovered that he knows some of the words, as I've been reading the same books to him for two years now, hehe, I really really really hope he grows up to be a bookworm, even if his love for basketball and running around is really strong. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...