Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Registering with the SSS as a Household Employer (With Penalty)


As any (Filipino) working momma will tell you, kasambahays nowadays come and go, sometimes for the most inane reasons. Hence, I was not exactly raring to register myself with the SSS, Philhealth and PAG-IBIG as a Household Employer lest they suddenly leave even before the whole process is over. Our present helpers started with us last August 2016. I knew that I will be paying a penalty for registering late but that was fine by me.

Our helpers don't have any SSS, Philhealth or PAG-IBIG numbers yet. There SHOULD be a Kasambahay Unified Registration System wherein you are told that you can register with any of the three offices, but currently, it's not yet in place so you still have to go to each office. I decided to register with SSS first.

The first step is to make sure the helpers have an SSS number. If none yet, they can register online. They will be provided an SSS number but the status is "Temporary" because they have to submit supporting documents PERSONALLY to any SSS office. In our case, the helpers went to the satellite office in SM North Edsa Annex.



 

Second step is to download and fill out the Household Employer Unified Registration Form, Household Employment Unified Report Form and Kasambahay Unified Registration Form, all in TRIPLICATE. Submit these forms to the SSS branch office which has jurisdiction over your barangay. I was also asked to draw a sketch from the house to the SSS office which has jurisdiction over us - in our case, SSS Novaliches.

When I went to SSS Novaliches, since the helpers started on an earlier date (August 2016), I was given an additional form: Statement of Monthly Salaries Received by the Kasambahay. This had to be signed by the kasambahay, and since when I first went I left them at home with the baby, I had to go back. I was also given a Specimen Signature Card and a Contributions Payment Form.

So I submitted all these forms to the table processing household employer registration. After I was  (finally) given an employer number, I was directed to their Accounting for the computation of my penalty. In my case, it was P300.20 for two helpers covering the period of August 2016-January 2017. However, I was directed to pay at an SSS office with tellering offices, and the nearest one was SSS Fairview.

After paying at SSS Fairview, I had to submit the R-3 form which is the quarterly report of the contributions back to SSS Novaliches.

I was told that I can pay the monthly contributions via Auto-Debit Arrangement with any accredited bank which should supposedly dispense with the quarterly reporting. I'll be doing this tomorrow with BPI, so fingers crossed.

Next up, registering with Philhealth. Opposite to the procedure I went through with SSS, Philhealth requires a Philhealth Employer Number (PEN) first before the helpers can get their Philhealth number. If you already have your PEN, the helpers can get their Philhealth numbers by registering online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...