Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy List 1

To "rest" my addled brain in between two corporate cases (really, my brain can only take so much), and since I like making up lists, here's a list of stuff that made me happy the past few days:

(1) Meeting up with law school friends. There was a time that we met up, and drank, every week even after passing the Bar. Somehow, work got in the way. I can't quite remember what we were laughing about at one point, but I remember that it was the first time in weeks that my belly hurt from laughing.

(2) Hubby cleaning the house while I slept. I've been feeling so sleep-deprived lately. I don't know if I have insomnia but I try to be in bed by 10PM but I usually fall asleep at around 12MN or 1AM. Last Saturday, I got up at 9AM to make breakfast, ate, then took a nap which stretched until 3PM. Gah. Then I woke up to a clean house weee!

(3) Blue almost-cloudless sky. Love seeing this while walking to work.

(4) Hearing the buzzing in the trees. On the way to work, I pass through a path lined with trees. The past couple of mornings, I've been hearing cicadas, or what I believe are cicadas, buzzing. Reminds me of growing up in the province.

(5) New glasses and having them adjusted. When I picked up my new glasses, I did not try them on immediately. When I got home, I realized that they kept slipping down my nose, which is especially annoying while cooking. I was afraid they won't be adjusted because they're made of plastic, but after a trip to the optical shop, no more slipping yay!

(6) A seat in the LRT and on the shuttle. If you commute, you know why this is a happy thing.

(7) My nephew-in-law saying "Tata" and hugging me. I love kids! I love baby hugs! I'm trying to teach him to say "Tita" but what he says is "Tata".

(8) The SC Canteen dinuguan. I used to not eat diniuguan until I tried their version.

(9) Restful sleep. As earlier mentioned, I'm having trouble sleeping. Yet last Tuesday, I fell asleep quickly. Maybe because I was unable to take the usual hour-long nap on the shuttle as I was tuned in to the Coronavela on radio haha.

(10) Fresh bedsheets!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...