Monday, June 18, 2012

Alone





When I was in college, I shuddered at the thought of eating, or going anywhere, or doing something alone. Eating alone sounded particularly sad. I always viewed eating as a social activity - the more, merrier. So in college, I was always with my boyfriend-now husband, room mates or org mates. I rarely did anything alone.

Then law school came and forced me and hubby-then boyfriend to see each other only on week-ends. I was placed in a working class even if I was a full-time student so I only saw my classmates in the evening. Suddenly, I had to learn how to eat by myself.

I admit it was no fun at first. No one to "save" a table for you, no one to talk to.

Yet these days, I relish doing certain stuff alone. I love the hubby and my friends and all but I also love my "me times." Surprisingly, one of the things I like doing now is sitting in a small restaurant or cafe for hours, with a book or my phone. Now, I love NOT having to talk and NOT having to listen haha. My college self would've died of shock. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...