Monday, June 4, 2012

NKOTBSB in Manila



Growing up in the province, I was never allowed to watch concerts. For one thing, we could not probably afford it back then, for we had to add transportation, lodging and food expenses to the ticket price. 

So when I learned that NKOTBSB (New Kids on the Block - Backstreet Boys, for those born in the late 90s or 2000 onwards) was going to have a concert here, I was giddy with excitement. I reverted to my high school self who spent hours watching BSB videos on MTV. I just received a bonus when tickets became available, and I seriously contemplated parting with P8,000+ for a seat near the stage. I found the P13,000+ range a bit unconscionable already as there were plenty of bills to be paid. However, I could not find anyone my age who was willing to pay the price and go with me. Again, I seriously contemplated going alone. I slept on it, and decided that it'd be too sad if I go alone. In the end, I bought my youngest sister a ticket, even if she had no idea who NKOTB was. 

We were seated in Upper Box B, which was a breath away from General Admission, so I didn't bother to bring a DSLR camera. I completely relied on my iPhone and Canon Ixus for a few souvenir shots. However, my phone was already dying before the concert started. Good thing my Ixus came through with a few nice shots.

I was in Grade 6-1st year HS when NKOTB disbanded so I'm not really familiar with them. I recognize the melody of most songs, but not the lyrics. But they do seem hotter than BSB even if they're older - especially Jordan Knight!

NKOTBSB 2012 in Manila


NKOTBSB 2012 in Manila

Please believe me when I say this is a picture of the Backstreet Boys haha.

NKOTBSB 2012 in Manila


NKOTBSB 2012 in Manila





The group with Jordan Knight and Nick Carter out front.


NKOTBSB 2012 in Manila

Spectacular lights.

NKOTBSB 2012 in Manila


NKOTBSB 2012 in Manila


Awesome awesome awesome show! My high school self is happy, and my present self's throat is all hoarse from the fan-girl screaming.

I dunno if it's because I grew up in the time of boy bands but there's something about boys singing and dancing in sync. Granted, those were 30- and 40-year old "boys" doing the dance moves and poses but I still screamed like crazy. Thank God I decided to bring my youngest sister and not just any other person. She was only screaming for BSB though heehee. When one of NKOTB asked, "Who here feels like 1989?", my sister yelled back, "Wala pa ako nun!"

I researched their set list:

NKOTBSB
  1. Medley: "Single" / "The One" (contains elements of "Viva la Vida")
New Kids on the Block
  1. "Summertime"
Backstreet Boys
  1. "The Call
New Kids on the Block
  1. "Dirty Dancing"
Backstreet Boys
  1. "Get Down (You're the One for Me)"
New Kids on the Block
  1. "You Got It (The Right Stuff)"
Backstreet Boys
  1. "Larger Than Life"
New Kids on the Block
  1. "Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)"
  2. "Valentine Girl"
  3. "If You Go Away"
  4. "Please Don't Go Girl"
Backstreet Boys
  1. "Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely"
  2. "10,000 Promises"
  3. "I'll Never Break Your Heart"
  4. "Inconsolable" (Europe/Australia/Asia Leg wasn't played)
  5. "Drowning"
  6. "Incomplete"
New Kids on the Block
  1. "Step By Step"
  2. "Cover Girl"
  3. "My Favorite Girl"
  4. "Games"
  5. "Click Click Click" (Europe/Australia/Asia Leg wasn't played)
  6. "Tonight"
Backstreet Boys
  1. "Shape of My Heart"
  2. "As Long As You Love Me"
  3. "All I Have to Give"
  4. "If You Stay" (contains excerpts of "Raspberry Beret") Europe/Australia/Asia Leg We've Got It Goin' On
  5. "Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)" (contains elements of "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough")
New Kids on the Block
  1. "I'll Be Loving You (Forever)"
Backstreet Boys
  1. "I Want It That Way"
NKOTBSB
  1. "Don't Turn Out the Lights"
Backstreet Boys
  1. "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"
New Kids on the Block
  1. "Hangin’ Tough" (contains excerpts from "We Will Rock You")
NKOTBSB
  1. Medley: "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" / "Hangin’ Tough" (Reprise)
 Source

 My favorites from NKOTB were "Step by Step", "I'll be Loving You (Forever)" and "Please Don't Go Girl". From BSB, I liked "Quit Playing Games with My Heart" (possibly my fave BSB song), "I Want it That Way", "As Long as You Love Me" and "All I Have to Give." I was surprised I still knew the words to "10,000 Promises" considering it was not a huge hit like the others.

 Now I wish I had paid P13,000 instead. :)



1 comment:

  1. I couldn't find anyone to watch with too! Good thing it turned into a family date :) I kind of wish I bought a pricier ticket too - people got to hug various new kids! gah! But I am so glad I watched :)

    I really should finish the text to go with my massive pic spam entry hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...