Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pansit Chronicles

Cooking pansit has intimidated me because (1) it is one of hubby's fave food and (2) I've eaten so many great pansit versions that I'm sure what I cook will pale in comparison. But since hubby's new anti-gout diet requires more carbs, I eventually had to cook pansit.

The recipe is simple enough: brown the chicken pieces, saute garlic and onions, add chopped lettuce and julienned carrots and red bell pepper, take them out, pour chicken broth (or a chicken cube dissolved in hot water) in pan, add soy sauce and pepper, place the pansit noodles, toss, add the veggies and toss again.

The first time was a fail in portion control because I cooked the entire 250g package which looked not enough at first until I've dumped the noodles in the pan. It was also a bit dry, but still tasted like good enough pansit.



I tried cooking it again earlier and I adjusted the amount of noodles. At first I used a cup of dissolved chicken cube and it looked really soupy. So I scooped out about half a cup. Rookie mistake again, the noodles were a bit dry. But still, tasted and definitely looked like pansit haha.

Hope to nail it next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...