Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ang Nawawala


Hubby wanted to watch "Ang Nawawala" during its Cinemalaya run. Unfortunately, tickets got sold out pretty fast. Since then, we've been on the look-out for screenings. Luckily, the movie has been released on another limited run. At first, I thought we again missed the screening in SM North Edsa (the nearest to us among the few cinemas) because it only displayed times for September 12, and I saw it on September 12 (grrr). Hubby and I were planning to watch it in far-away SM Pampanga, buti na lang I checked again and SM North has extended the showing until this Sunday only.


Image from: www.interaksyon.com

We absolutely loved the movie! My music geek of a husband was very happy with the songs and sound quality. This movie definitely beats I Doo Bi Doo even if it is the indie one. I also realized that I am, unconsciously, definitely a hipster (I prefer "classic taste" though). 

This is the official synopsis:


         Gibson Bonifacio stopped speaking when he was a child. Now twenty years old, he returns home to Manila from his studies abroad, his first visit in three years. He finds his family trying to keep it together, his mother still hurting from a tragic loss in the past. Against the backdrop of the vibrant local music scene, his childhood best friend tries to reconnect with him, while he unexpectedly finds a chance at a first, real romantic relationship. Amidst the holidays, Gibson reconsiders and redefines his relationships with his family, his friends, and with himself.

Considering that he was not speaking most of the time, Dominic Roco (son of Bembol) who plays Gibson managed to convey happiness, sadness, wonder, hurt, and at times, anguish, with his wide eyes. Apart from the really cool music, I enjoyed the gamut of cameras (Gibson totes a Canon point-and-shoot with him at all times) littered all over Gibson's house. I won't say anything anymore because this is a movie that deserves to be seen rather than described. Please do watch it this week-end:


 

Image from: AngNawawala.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...