Monday, October 29, 2012

Calligraphy with The Fozzy Book and Craft MNL


I have always loved writing - writing content and the writing act itself. I guess I have pretty decent writing and handwriting skills because my classmates borrow my notes since high school. (Or maybe they were just darn too lazy to take notes and I wasn't.)

Calligraphy piqued my interest because, well, it's so pretty. And maybe I want to say sorry to all of daddy's fountain nibs that I used to drag across paper when I was younger. I first admired the posts of Leigh Reyes (@leighpod) but she doesn't hold workshops. Then I discovered the account of Fozzy C. Dayrit (@thefozzybook) I first "met" Fozzy when I read her posts in the weddings@work group. Fortunately, Fozzy held workshops and I signed up for the one held in Craft MNL last October 21 at The Collective.

Hubby dropped me off and I felt like it was the first day of school. I was alone and some of the participants knew each other so I was kinda shy and quiet haha. Fozzy said we were a bit "intense". I, for one, was very frustrated with my blobby first attempts. I wanted to take more pictures but the pages of the notebook had stuck together haha.


 I'm on a mini-vacation at home so I have all the time to practice.
 
IMG_1923


IMG_1924

IMG_1925

IMG_1926

IMG_1927

Before the workshop, I bought a set of Sheaffer calligraphy pens at National Bookstore. These were written with the Sheaffer non-flexible nib.


IMG_1929

IMG_1930

IMG_1931

IMG_1932

By now you can tell I really like Taylor Swift. :) Then I switched back to the nib provided by Fozzy, a Brause No. 361.

IMG_1947

I also attempted flourishing.

IMG_1949

IMG_1950

IMG_1951

IMG_1948


I clearly need lots of practice, but this is so much fun!

4 comments:

  1. i agree, calligraphy's so much fun! na-miss ko tuloy magsulat gamit ang dip pen ulit :) thanks for sharing, na-inspire ako :D
    p.s. natuwa rin ako sa lyrics from Taylor Swift and OPM songs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun, kaso I haven't practiced in months again! Eeek! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. how much yung calligraphy set mo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annelei, I forgot na, it's been a long time since I bought it. You can check out National Bookstore. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...