Thursday, October 4, 2012

Throwback Multiply: Bar 2007 Memoirs III


Bar 2012 in a couple of days! In the meantime, my Bar 2007 Memoirs continued:

Bar Memoirs# 5 & 6: Merc and Crim

Can you tell that I want these memoirs over and done with? My exact sentiment during the 3rd Sunday.

I think I could safely say that everyone was in low spirits the eve of that Sunday (except for a chosen few). Roomie Daye was worrying about her Tax while I was still worrying over Poli (stuck in a moment talaga ako nun). That night, roomie and I were doing this strange dance wherein we'd promise not to talk about the previous exams, talk about it a bit, ask about answers, then promise yet again we won't talk about the previous exams.

I've decided to lump the two exams in one memoir because they were extremes.

Merc was, in Areiz's words yet again, "Because the questions were fairly and logically crafted in a manner that you can more or less approximate a bar candidate’s knowledge of the subject." I concur, but I think I kind of messed up my answers to the first questions because I was feeling a bit light-headed that morning. I promised I'd sleep every Saturday night, and my target sleeping time was 5 hours. I'd *try* to sleep by 10pm, 10:30pm if need be, then wake up at 3am so Daye and I would have ample time in using the bath room. But that Saturday, I think I dozed off around 11:30ish, with Prof. Catindig's reviewer still propped up on my lap.

But yes, the exam was fair. The reviewer of Dean Sundiang was, in law students' words, "Patok." I read that reviewer, and that of Prof. Catindig's, but somehow, you've got to battle memory gap.

Come lunch time, I didn't know what to feel about Merc, should I be happy about it or not? But then, there was Crim to tackle. When the proctor announced that there were only 5 pages (including the cover page) of 10 questions in Crim, we thought it was a happy sign. But the smiles quickly turned to sighs as we read the questions. I read in someone's blog that she cried during the Crim exam. I didn't cry, I even laughed to myself when I saw the questions. I thought, "Wala na 'to. Bahala na talaga." Throughout the exam, I kept shaking my head as I tried to list down the elements of crimes I could remember. Yes, you could write on the questionnaire but please, no identifying marks. The proctor told us to write our seat numbers at the back of the questionnaire so it could be traced back to the owner. I was playing elimination with the crimes... Theft? Robbery? Grave coercion? Light coercion? Teka, ano na nga ba pinagkaiba ng threats and coercion? Grrr, kain na lang ako ng Cadbury.

As TL, Sol and I walked out of La Salle that day, we mused that if some people didn't come back after the Poli exam, then there would be people who won't come back after the Crim exam. It was that bad. We even joked, "Siguro next Sunday, yung mga tao, sisigawan na tayo, "Hoy, bakit pa kayo bumabalik???" " :P

Moral of the memoir: Although this journey is the journey of many, it is the battle of one. Sleep well before the exam. And do go back and finish the battle, because "you just can never can tell."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...