Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Parenting In The Moment


When I was pregnant, I downloaded three pregnancy apps. I dutifully read the articles and the recommended links every night before going to sleep. After hesitating, I gave in to buying the "What To Expect While You're Expecting" book. I read, read, read. 

I figured I'd do the same when the baby came out. Fat chance of that. Sure, I transitioned to the My Baby app from the My Pregnancy app. But I don't religiously open it unlike with my pregnancy apps. It's not like I don't have the time, I go on all my social media apps while breastfeeding. 

Maybe because as new as I am to parenthood, I've pretty much concluded that you have to be in the moment. Reading all the articles can never prepare you for breastfeeding woes, a clingy baby, a constipated baby, hardheaded nannies and overbearing grandparents. This is a lot coming from Little Miss Proactive Me but I'm trying not to beat up myself trying to be the Perfect Mommy.

I guess this doodle from Doodle Diary of a New Mummy sums up my sentiment perfectly:




Really, who has time to read parenting books when you're busy parenting? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...