Wednesday, September 23, 2015

#AlDub


I don't know when did I start watching #Aldub or the KalyeSerye. Obviously, I don't watch it at lunch time because I'm in the office. Whenever I'm feeding baby at night, I'm on my phone, watching videos or trawling through social media. I think I searched it because I got curious about Yaya Dub's fainting during her wedding to Frankie. Anyhoo, I now watch the videos uploaded on Eat Bulaga's Facebook account every night.

I watch it mainly for Wally and Jose, I find them really really funny. I know most of what they're doing is improv. There have been times that I'm laughing, silently but with movement, while baby is directly latched to me so he'd stir a bit from his sleep. LOL.

There's just no denying its effect on people, what with landing on the Philippine Daily Inquirer's front page twice, two commercials, breaking Twitter records, and bloggers like Daphne and Chuvaness (clearly not their intended market) blogging about it.

I've been judged about watching it, mostly by the hubby. But I don't care. Funny is funny. And as a Mass Communication graduate, I'm curious about its effect on people, how it's changing television shows. I smell a thesis topic here. Fascinating and funny, I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...