Friday, June 16, 2017

Flashback Friday: First Time in Manila



I have a few more topics I should be blogging about, but yesterday, I find myself drafting a Flashback Friday post in my head. After giving birth, it seems like I've developed short-term memory loss, but there are memories from my childhood that keep popping up from time to time. I thought of writing these unbidden thoughts lest they completely leave my memory bank.


It was my first time to go to Manila. I can't remember though if it was my first time ever or my first to go not on a school field trip. Daddy attorney was going to Manila for work and he brought me along. His client brought a van and driver. I was in elementary school, I think I was 12. I may be over-reaching but I think I wore a baggy white shirt, long green shorts (this was the 90s), and white high-top rubber shoes with neon yellow/lime accents. It was not branded but I remember some boys looking at my shoes. In hindsight, I don't know if they were looking in awe or thinking I was baduy.


We had lunch at Max's and it was my first time. It was also the first time I had the cream of mushroom soup and I thought it was delicious. Then we went to their arbitration. Afterwords, we went to a mall and National Bookstore, and had Daddy Attorney buy me Sweet Valley books which were P50.00 each then. LOL. We went home the same day. It was cool and drizzling that day, and the memory comes to me on cold and rainy days. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...