Saturday, April 14, 2018

#Blessed 2.0


I never read “The Secret” but I do believe in the power of writing something down and attracting it to com true. While I was reviewing for the Bar, I wrote my name over and over with “Atty.” before it, and it came true.

So late last year, my Annus Horribilis, I wrote in my little notebook, “Baby Girl 2018”. Also wrote that in my previous post.

Lo and behold:


Since my ovarian cyst was removed last July, we've been trying to have a baby. We've always wanted more babies but my PCOS was making it difficult for us to do so. The OB who operated on me suggested that we undergo fertility work-up but the thought made me tired already. When my ultrasound revealed that my ovaries were “normal” (not polycystic), I did some research. I bought a bottle of Vitex capsules and male fertility blend capsules for the hubby at Healthy Options. My office mates and I got into essential oils so I bought Eden's Garden Gal Pal and diffused clary sage and geranium while in the office.

Once again, I religiously tracked my cycle, so much so that I had 4 apps hehe. Last Chinese New Year, February 16, my period was a couple of days away but I felt different. I had tender breasts, back pain and cramps which are usual pre-menstrual symptoms but they felt different. Since it was a holiday, I had a lot of free time (haha), and a stash of pregnancy tests, so I decided to take one. To my surprise, there was a faint second line. I hurriedly called the hubby and we hugged in the bathroom. I wanted to go for an ultrasound already but hubby said it might be too early.

So logic prevailed and I resolved to wait until I was really delayed. I took a test almost every day and the second line always showed up. I finally went for a check-up and ultrasound on March 1 and there was a yolk sac and embryonic pole at 6 weeks. Another ultrasound was recommended two weeks after, and there's a heartbeat! Yay!

Despite the nausea and constipation, I am more relaxed this time around. I don't have the first time jitters and is not worrying about looking for a job unlike in 2014. My morning sickness is not as grave, but my cravings are on an overdrive, haha. 

I know I wrote down that I wanted a baby girl but I'm happy to have a normal and healthy baby either way. Normal delivery again, too, please! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...