Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Nick and Norah's Infiite Playlist


Happy to report that I am reading for fun again. For a time, I found myself unable to finish reading a book, which kinda worried me because it has never happened before, so I wasn't sure if there was something wrong with me or the book.

One of my recent buys is Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. It is a teen romance by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn so it's a light read. It reminded me of The Perks of Being a Wallflower but I like the latter more because I did not rush myself in reading it. Anyway, the book made me curious enough to download the movie. 


While the movie is classified as a romantic comedy-drama, it ain't no chick flick. The soundtrack is good, as expected, although I don't recognize most of the songs. I reckon teenagers will know the songs haha. The movie is not a faithful adaptation of the book, for in the book, it was Nick who asked Norah to pretend to be his girlfriend yet in the movie, it was Norah who did the asking. That kinda threw me off, because in real life, is a girl more likely to ask a stranger to pretend to be her boyfriend? A few twists were also added. Anyway, the most memorable lines in the book were also in the movie.

I think the movie captured New York as indeed the city that never sleeps, for the kids were running around during the after-hours and there was always some place that was open. It made me want to go to New York although I doubt it that at my age, I can still go bar-hopping in search of a punk band hehe.
 
The movie is good but I liked the book more. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever found a movie adaptation better than the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...