Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Japan Calling (?)


My bestfriend L is on a two-year scholarship grant in Kobe University. Eons ago, when we stalked people based in Japan on Friendster, Multiply and Flickr, we rued how they seem to be having the time of their lives. After our honeymoon in Japan, I yearned for the cleanliness, the efficiency of the transport system and the many brands that are not available here.

Now L seems to be having the time of her life there discovering Kitkat flavors and shopping haunts. I'm so inggit. When I got married, I half-intentionally gave my career the lowest priority because I was raring to start a family. But since that does not appear to be forthcoming, I'm thinking of looking into study opportunities abroad. I've always had this very faint (haha) yearning to go abroad for a year or two. Hubby has mentioned maybe New Zealand and Australia. We'll see. 

2 comments:

  1. Do it do it! If the family thing is not in the cards right now, look into studying abroad. That was our dream when we were newly married. Fate thought otherwise. In your case, baka this is fate telling you to do this muna, Glads??? You'll never have the chance otherwise (imagine yourself in full blast mommyhood in the future, you'd never be able to just up and leave). Explore the option, kahit a year or two lang like you said! Go go go!

    (Natawa ako don sa discovering Kitkat flavors. Trulalu, everyone I know who goes to Japan seems to keep instagramming them Kitkat flavors hahahaha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I remember that, parang you wanted Europe? Baka I'll wait for my boss to retire na in 2015 then migrate! Wehehe. We'll see. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...