Sunday, November 9, 2014

Escapism: Gone Girl and Interstellar


Since a million and one things are taking up my brain space nowadays, I think I unconsciously gravitated towards escapism.

Like I downloaded an epub of Gone Girl. I've seen the book in bookstores before but never thought of picking it up. I thought it was a horror story. Anyway, the story's a bit psycho and I got hooked. I read it in the train and during the times I woke up to pee and can't go back to sleep. It's not a thriller, just psycho. Basta. Haha. A friend posted on Facebook that people should watch the movie after getting married but I say, read the book/watch the movie BEFORE getting married. Haha.

Then yesterday, after our OB check-up, we swung by SM Marikina to get the DVD and CD of the 4D ultrasound. We saw that Interstellar was showing and hubby wanted to watch. I hesitated at first because the price was P180 for 2D. I was thinking the chairs may be old or uncomfortable. But we were pleasantly surprised that the cinema is small and the chairs are better than that of SM North. (I digress: SM Marikina is a pleasant surprise. It's not crowded even on a Saturday night - even the Vikings there had no lines! The restrooms need work though like all the SMs out there, even the pa-posh The Block.) 

Anyhoo, the rows were a bit near each other so we can hear the kid above us getting confused about Interstellar. As for the movie, typical Chris Nolan mindf*ckery. I can't blame the kid getting confused, I was also confused a few times (so we were wondering why the parents thought a Chris Nolan flick is kid-friendly?!). I didn't like the ending though, so not like Nolan to end on that note.

It was nice to escape for a while. But now I have to face a wicked, potentially stressful week. Pray for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...