Saturday, July 2, 2016

Florida 2016



From Narita, we flew around 12 hours to Chicago. Before the trip, I saw that while we will land in O' Hare's Terminal 5, we will be flying out from Terminal 1 to Tampa, Florida, with around two hours between the flights. However, that would mean going out of the airport and riding the airport train and once again go through Immigration and Customs. I was nervous about missing the flight to Florida.

The 12-hour flight to Chicago was pretty uneventful because I breastfed P during take-off and he just slept. The plane was not full so the two of us transferred to two vacant seats where I laid him on one seat as I tried to sleep. Before landing, I decided to go back to our seats, but, not to our original seats but on the adjacent row one seat away from a Caucasian couple. I figured we needed space to get the bags and rush out of the plane as hubby, me and MIL were crammed in one row. However, for the last five minutes of landing, P decided to bawl his eyes out, as in all-out wailing! And I suddenly got shy about popping out the boob infront of my seatmates. I was so mortified, huhu. Lesson learned: just pop out the boob!

It was raining in Chicago and this was the time when the Belgium airport bombings occurred so I guess security was extra tight. We barely made it to the gate in Terminal 1 and saw that the plane was delayed. We spent around two hours waiting then boarded another plane to Tampa. 

Tampa was an hour drive to my BIL's house in Ocala. I was expecting the kiddos to be tired after 19 hours of travel but they still had the energy to watch Disney Junior.





The first few days in FL was spent going to Target and Walmart and battling jetlag.


 These two bonded during the trip. Here's A using P as an iPad stand, toinks.

 P is fascinated with his Ninong Uncle's guitars.

We also visited the University of Florida (where we saw an alligator lurking in Lake Alice, waaa), Magic Kingdom of Disney World and Kennedy Space Center, our favorite part of the Florida stay.

 At Lake Alice. No fences to shield you from alligators, huhu. 
Signs state to stay 10 feet away from them.


Hey, Mickey! But P was not too thrilled to see him.



 The toddler life.

 Father and son playing with his Ninong Uncle's guitars.

 No smiles for Mickey but all smiles for Walmart?! You crazy kulotsky.

 Our favorite part was going to NASA. Must go back as we failed to see ALL of the attractions!
 
 P learned to walk by himself in Florida.

Exploration begins here. We love NASA!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...