Thursday, July 20, 2017

Ovarian Cyst/New Growth: Part II


My OB recommended to remove the cyst via laparoscopy as it was minimally invasive. However, the amount she quoted was quite high and besides, she was not accredited by my office's health card. While I wanted to be operated on by her, we resolved to search for an OB who performs laparoscopy.

During the long week-end, I searched websites for doctors and cross-referenced them with Kaiser over the phone. I gave the names to my OB and she recommended Dr. Elizabeth Ocampo of St. Luke's. At first we went to her QC clinic but she was doing an operation so we went to her Global City clinic.

After going through my records, she said an operation was in order. Thanks to my original OB, I've already finished most of the labs required - CBC, FBS, ECG and chest x-ray. The operation was set on July 10 when hopefully, my period was already ending.

Friday before the operation, I was already on soft diet. However, my period has not arrived. I told Dr. Ocampo and she made me go to her clinic. She said we can still proceed with the operation but she won't be able to check my fallopian tubes.

On Sunday, July 9, H and I went to St. Luke's Global City at around 6:30PM. As I was filling out the paperwork, I realized I failed to get a signed CF1 form from the office and my operation was the next day (mommy brain!). Thank God for helpful office mates and Grab Express, they sent the form the next day. Anyhoo, the nurse gave me this solution to wash with to prep for surgery. At around 10PM, my dextrose was put in. They tried my left hand but the vein popped so they tried my right hand. Huhu. I was no longer allowed water and soft food by 11PM and since I was on soft diet since Friday, I was a tad cranky. I fell asleep at around 12MN.

I woke up at around 4AM to pee and prepare. I was wheeled down at 545AM and lost track of time. H said I was operated on at 7:50AM. I woke up around lunch in the recovery room. The OB said the cyst was benign so she was able to save the ovary. But we had to observe it. I was in my room at 2PM but was not allowed to eat or drink until 6PM. So every time a nurse checked on my pain, I'd reply that I was more hungry than in pain. Alas, I was only allowed soft food until I passed stool. 

I was discharged the next day and it kinda felt like I gave birth. But the harder part was my baby seeing me and demanding to be carried but I can not do so. :(( Worse, I contracted cough and cold so the stitches hurt when I sneeze or cough. Sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...