Monday, July 24, 2017

Reply 1997


Since I am currently on house arrest, I am mostly in bed, watching TV or on my phone. I downloaded  Netflix and have actually finished The Crown,  Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories and all the seasons of Gilmore Girls and Gossip Girl. A few days back, I started watching Reply 1997, a Korean drama about 6 high school friends. The stories whip back between the present 2012 and when they were in high school in 1997. It is mostly about the travails of first love, with some teen issues like fangirling over celebrities and issues with parents and siblings interpersed between.

I am not an avid watcher of K-dramas, I mean, I have no problem watching them but I don't go to great lengths to watch them. But why is it that Japanese/Korean/Taiwanese dramas are more nakakakilig? Though set in a Korean high school, I was transported back to my own high school years, especially since I was a high school senior in 1997. I guess high school issues are universal.

I finished the last episode a couple of nights ago and I was silently squealing as P was sleeping beside me. I re-watched it last night and I was still giddy. Then I started watching Reply 1994 which is set im college but I can already tell halfway the first episode that I will always prefer Reply 1997. For one thing, the leads are better looking in Reply 1997, especially Seo In-Guk! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...