Monday, July 28, 2014

Hello again, bagoong!


A couple of weeks into the pregnancy, I was cooking my weekly pinakbet with bagoong na isda or liquid bagoong. While it was bubbling away, I felt like throwing up. I ate noodles for that dinner and all the pinakbet was hubby's baon.

I am 16 weeks pregnant today. We have some left-over fried boneless bangus and veggies so I decided to cook dinengdeng, another Ilocano dish which requires bagoong. I could cook it with salt but it doesn't taste the same. Since my nausea has gone, I haven't been throwing up, and my appetite has returned, I decided to try cooking with bagoong again. And yay, I cooked and ate dinengdeng again without throwing up! My Ilocano heart is so happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...