Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Typhoon Glenda


Another July 16, another disaster. This time, a typhoon.

Reports leading to today stated that Glenda will be like Milenyo, which meant winds. The night before, I stocked up on bread, crackers and canned goods.

At around 3AM, I woke up because power went out. Thankfully, there was still running water.

At around 7AM, the wind started howling and rattling our windows. Scary. I tried to cook breakfast but for some reason, we could not ignite the gas stove. So we ate bread, Vienna sausage, apples and kiwi.

Then at around 9AM to 10AM, it was raining hard and the wind was really howling.




Then, there was a lull as the eye of the storm passed. I sent hubby out to get additional candles and a lighter. When he came back, he somehow managed to ignite the stove. So I had to cook lunch. Thank goodness I still remember how to cook rice in a kaldero, watching the heat all throughout. We've been spoiled by rice cookers, okay? I also cooked longganisa and pingka para madali.


Cooking by candle light and flash light is hard. I'm so praning that I'm not cooking everything right. I sincerely prayed that I won't poison hubby and sister, and especially myself.

Power was restored at around 5:30PM. In true Pinoy fashion, the neighbors cheered and clapped. 

Hope everyone else out there are safe and dry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...