Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ippudo in Manila


During our honeymoon, hubby made sure to bring me to his favorite ramen place - Ippudo in Yokohama. I don't remember now if the taste was life-changing but I do remember him telling me that to signify that the ramen was delicious, I should make loud slurping noises. It's not easy to do though without the sabaw spewing all over the place.


Look, there's also a line.



So when news broke out that Ippudo was opening in Manila, hubby was excited. But not that excited to trek to Megamall haha. Recently, we found ourselves in the area so we gave it a try. While hubby was buying some house stuff, I lined up for 45 minutes. In fairness to Ippudo, there were chairs and they offered free crispy noodles and cold tea. However, they will not let you in until all your companions are present.

I initially ordered the Akamkaru ramen not knowing it was spicy. The description mentioned "special garlic paste" but no "spicy" word. I'm not a fan of spicy food and I'm pregnant so I knew I couldn't finish the bowl. Hubby called the waiter and they immediately replaced my order with the Shiromaru Motoaji.



It was okay but my tongue was still burning from the Akamaru. I think I still prefer the ramen in Hokkaido Santouka Ramen and Ramen Nagi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...