Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Congenital Anomaly Scan


We had our Congenital Anomaly Scan. It's a pelvic ultrasound where they count the fingers and toes, check the organs, check for cleft palate and other possible disorders. It sounds scary. Hubby pointed out that if we then find any disorders, then we're going to spend the next four months worrying about it. Oh well.

So we were off early to Medical City last Saturday. I scheduled beforehand for 10am. The ultrasound takes 30-45 minutes daw so I can take a nap. But the doctors then decided to play music and I was nervous so who could sleep?

The sonologist kept remarking that baby was moving a lot, i.e. "Ang likot likot ng baby na to!" so she was chasing the baby all around my belly.

Afterwards, they called hubby. Everything "appears normal". The best part: it's a BOY! I'm fine with whatever sex but hubby really wants a boy. He's been calling my bump "balong" - Ilocano for baby boy - and I'd admonish him because what if it's a girl? Confused na agad hehe! Also, I now weigh 125 pounds, so I've gained four pounds so far.

We went to the OB for check-up after. If we go by LMP, my due date is December 31, but per the first ultrasound, it's January 12. In this ultrasound, it's January 7. OB said since the discrepancy is less than 14 days, we'll go by the gestational age. So December 31 it is! Uh-oh, wag sana holiday rate!

I guess this means we can finally shop for baby stuff!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! Congratulations on the baby boy!! Yipeee! Baby boys rock!

    But uy agree, kakatakot yang scan. Kasi di ba, if kunwari not everything in order, you will just end up worrying. And uy if January ang due date, near Alo's birthday! 1 year apart sila - pwede na! Batchmates!!! Kailangan na talaga natin mag sked ng playdate ha!!

    So excited for you and hubs Glads!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bru! Truth be told, I was 55% hoping for a boy. Girls are high maintenance pagdating sa outfits and borloloy - I should know after taking care of 3 sisters haha. But a girl would've been fine, after four years of waiting!

      Re due date, pwedeng ka-birthday ko din on January 4 hehe. Basta no holiday rate sana! And yes to playdate soonest! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...