Thursday, September 18, 2014

Passed my OGTT!


Had my oral glucose tolerance test early this week. Having been diagnosed with PCOS, I've been warned that I am prone to developing diabetes. I've always had a sweet tooth, so while we were TTC (trying to conceive, yo) I tried watching my sugar intake. I cut back on coffee and softdrinks. I drank hot choco for breakfast for a while then eventually replaced it with green tea. I opted for dark chocolate. Since I wasn't still losing weight, I took up running in January and started taking half-rice lunches in March.

When I got pregnant, the particular cravings I got were Dunkin' Donuts choco butternut and Pan de Manila's spanish bread - hello, sugar! But I didn't crave them always so I wasn't too worried. Besides, I even lost two pounds during the first trimester.
However, after the OGTT was scheduled, I began craving Oreo and Starbucks' butterscotch oat fudge bar. Ack!




After fasting for around eight hours, I was early in Manila Doctors. OGTT requires a first blood extraction, then after an hour, you are given this glucose drink which tastes like expired Royal Tru-Orange, wait for an hour for blood extraction, then another hour for the third blood extraction. One is advised to stay put in the waiting area and cannot eat or drink anything yet. My baby kept kicking me then.

After a day, I got my results:


I texted the results to my OB but since she didn't reply immediately, I snooped around in Google. I found this:



So I had an inkling I passed and the OB confirmed it today. Yey! :)



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...